Saturday, 3 September 2011

Music Saves My Soul Saturday :)

Well yet again I haven't posted for a bit! I've made lots of cards, unfortunately my camera is suffering from PMT and doesn't want to behave at the moment so I can't take any pics :(

I'm really disappointed as I ordered some Kanban kits when they were on QVC 3x easy pay and free p&p- 7 to be exact :-o including 2 gorgeous stamp kits and I've made some gorgeous cards with the Christmas set. Plus I am no longer a Humphrey virgin- I officially have my first Humphrey stamp and I LOVE it! Its soooo easy to color and is so sweet- will definitely be ordering some more .

Anyway, music saves my soul Saturday- I have very eclectic tastes in music- from rock to reggae to cheesy 70s/80s pop to grime- I'm sure you get the picture!

I am a rock chick at heart though so in future weeks you will probably see lots of rock postings on a Saturday, but not today.

I have chosen Thank You by Jamelia as it is one song where I listen to the words and they actually apply to me. For those who don't know me I was in a relationship that was very abusive & in January 2009 I finally had the courage to take our baby son and go into a refuge. That was the start of the rest of my life- we settled in a new area, made new friends, I got a job and my little boy went to nursery- 2 1/2 years later I am positive it was the best decision I ever made, for myself and my son. Jamelia says exactly what I would like to say to my ex- I am a stronger person now and its because of him.
Anyway, christ I've written a novel, sorry! On with the song :

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing!
    Hey, I have a giveaway here, please come join in the fun!
    http://www.pixiedustpaperie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the song and your personal story :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful song! Thank you for sharing the song and the meaning it has for you. Congratulations on your strength to save yourself and child.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is great source of information about Saint Patrick’s Day which is very useful for me. It very important information about Saint Patrick’s Day
    Thank you very much for this useful information.

    AMAZING CARDS FOR SAINT PATRICKS DAY.

    ReplyDelete