Saturday 3 September 2011

Music Saves My Soul Saturday :)

Well yet again I haven't posted for a bit! I've made lots of cards, unfortunately my camera is suffering from PMT and doesn't want to behave at the moment so I can't take any pics :(

I'm really disappointed as I ordered some Kanban kits when they were on QVC 3x easy pay and free p&p- 7 to be exact :-o including 2 gorgeous stamp kits and I've made some gorgeous cards with the Christmas set. Plus I am no longer a Humphrey virgin- I officially have my first Humphrey stamp and I LOVE it! Its soooo easy to color and is so sweet- will definitely be ordering some more .

Anyway, music saves my soul Saturday- I have very eclectic tastes in music- from rock to reggae to cheesy 70s/80s pop to grime- I'm sure you get the picture!

I am a rock chick at heart though so in future weeks you will probably see lots of rock postings on a Saturday, but not today.

I have chosen Thank You by Jamelia as it is one song where I listen to the words and they actually apply to me. For those who don't know me I was in a relationship that was very abusive & in January 2009 I finally had the courage to take our baby son and go into a refuge. That was the start of the rest of my life- we settled in a new area, made new friends, I got a job and my little boy went to nursery- 2 1/2 years later I am positive it was the best decision I ever made, for myself and my son. Jamelia says exactly what I would like to say to my ex- I am a stronger person now and its because of him.
Anyway, christ I've written a novel, sorry! On with the song :

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the song and your personal story :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful song! Thank you for sharing the song and the meaning it has for you. Congratulations on your strength to save yourself and child.

    ReplyDelete